divider

divider

Monday, March 8, 2010

Rag Garlands

I have been making these Garlands for years now. I originally got the idea from my mom and I not real sure where she got it from. I have made one for each holiday, to match rooms, to go over a door way, on a shelf pretty much anywhere. I have done new ones this year for St. Patricks Day, Easter and a new Spring one. Here they are.

Supplies Needed
1/2 yard of about 6 diffrent fabrics (depending how long you want it)
Hemp, rope, yard (something to tie it on)
Cut, rip, strips you can make them as thick as you want and as long as you want.
Tie a not in the top of your rope
Take your fabric and tie it on the rope with a not, Slide it to the end.
Waaalllaaa! A few pieces of fabric later you have your garland. If you are going to hang this over your doorway you can hang things from it. Like for my spring one I may get some lady bugs to hang from it.
This one is my easter one.

1 comment:

  1. These are super cute. I think this might be the first time I've seen these on the blogs that I check out... I'm thinking this might be making its way onto my crafting to do list.

    ReplyDelete