divider

divider

Friday, March 12, 2010

Orange Chicken/Sweet and Sour

Of course we did a veggi with it as well.
I found this recipe Here and of course I am a sucker for a good orange chicken recipe or Sweet and sour so I started making it. Well as I started making it I found it was pretty much the same as my wonderful sister Leslie's recipe for sweet and sour chicken that has became a house hold favorite. Other than a few ingrediants they are pretty much the same and taste the same.

ORANGE CHICKEN


12 CHICKEN TENDERS
3 EGGS
½ C. CORN STARCH
½ C. FLOUR
GARLIC SALT (SPRINKLE)
OIL

¼ C. CHICKEN BROTH
½ C. VINIGAR
¾ C. SUGAR
1 TBSP. SOY SAUCE
4 TBSP. KETCHUP

We always double the sauce on the original recipe, to have a little extra to put over rice or just so the chicken doesn't dry out. I didn't do it on this one because I wanted to see how it turned out first, but I would recommend doing it with this one to.


DIP CHICKEN IN EGGS THEN CORN STARCH, FLOUR AND GARLIC SALT MIXTURE AND FRY. PUT FRIED CHICKEN IN A BAKING DISH.

BOIL BROTH, VINIGAR, SOY SAUCE, AND KETCHUP. POUR OVER CHICKEN. BAKE AT 350 DEGREES FOR 45 MIN.- 1 HOUR. I would recommnend stirring this one like you do with the original one ever 15 min or at least half way into cooking just so it coats the chicken in the sauce.

Here is the recipe for my sisters
Sweet and Sour.

4 Chicken breast cut into pieces/ or you can just use chicken tenders
dip in 1 egg
then dip in cornstarch

Put in frying pan with veggi oil until brown then place in glass dripper pan

Sauce
3/4 cup of sugar
4 TBSP of ketchup
1/2 c vinigar
1 TBSP Soy Sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder.

Poor over chicken in glass dripper. Bake in oven ofr 1hr at 325 stirring every 15 min.  We always double the sauce to have a little extra to put over rice or just so the chicken doesn't dry out.

No comments:

Post a Comment